- Sat, 12:36: Goddam Windows Media Player was displaying some duplicate filenames so I deleted dupes and now the files are gone
- Sat, 12:37: Nothing I hate like I hate discovering a new problem just when I'm getting up to do something else
- Sat, 12:38: unless it's this fucking keyboard
- Sat, 12:40: hitting a flipphone key four times for S is better than this
- Sat, 12:42: So on Android there's a way to insert a manual message break in a text? Cuz I hit it by accident and dunno what I did
- Sat, 14:55: I can't delete the ghost filenames that're still there either, prolly cuz they no longer are matched with files to be deleted
- Sat, 17:14: Okay, problem solved! I redownloaded all the files that had got deleted. 1/
- Sat, 17:15: This of course recreated the duplicate filenames in WMP. But I'd figured out what to do about that 2/
- Sat, 17:16: (a benefit to having been drawn away for a few hours before I could do anything about it, I guess). 3/
- Sat, 17:17: I went back and deleted the duplicate filenames again, but this time I chose "Delete from library but not computer" 4/
- Sat, 17:18: instead of "Delete from library and computer" which is what I usually use, cuz usually I'm deleting a file I've replaced. 5/
- Sat, 17:18: So all fixednow. 6/6
- Sat, 20:49: Hero of Three Faces sketch: precaution. https://t.co/2Ukygdp9ij #superman #doctorwho
(I said I'd label grief posts from now on but this one's about not knowing whether something's grief or status quo.)
So after listening to the top hits station again for a week*, I returned to the eighties-till-now station this morning because top hits wouldn't come in on the desk radio. The eighties-till-now station, mind you, is the one I initially discovered because it's the, or a, station in town that plays Christmas songs all month from Thanksgiving. Except, I discovered this morning, they implement Christmas carols not Thanksgiving day but Thanksgiving week. I've been guessing, this being the second holiday season after she went, that this is when I'm going to find out what holiday seasons are going to be like from here on out. I won't know for sure till the third time, really, but I wasn't expecting to start gathering data till Thursday.
* And being taken aback at how much the playlist has changed while I was away for a few months. Classic rock stations don't do that.
- Fri, 12:31: Tryna think of a screen version of King Arthur contemporary to Return Of The Jedi that readers would recognize in triangle. Excalibur?
- Fri, 20:49: One weird thing about listening to the 80s-till-now radio station is hearing the full versions of songs I know bits of from commercials.
- Fri, 20:57: Photoset: moffatappreciationlife: tillthenexttimedoctor: “Or would you rather just kill me?” #the show’s... http://t.co/wHHZ5rolAC
- Fri, 21:15: stimmyabby: I just saw a post that says you shouldn’t be friends with people who do not ask how you are... http://t.co/Attfl5aWkD
- Fri, 22:04: Photoset: animate-mush: thinkingingallifreyan: animate-mush, it’s actually from a minisode thing that... http://t.co/IzlNemXxdl
- Fri, 22:46: 23 Emotions people feel, but can’t explain - tai-korczak: Sonder: The realization that each passerby has a... http://t.co/QzrxHpOszu
- Fri, 23:29: Photo: http://t.co/hbbgvd38Wo
- Fri, 23:58: It's not like there aren't jokes in the Gospels. http://t.co/ae60p6iDvJ
RT @iglvzx Neutrality isn't: "Oh, well, if we just listened to GG, their doxing, harassment, death & rape threats might be justified!" #StopGamerGate
#ManOfSteel teaches me how everyone but me feels about the STAR WARS prequels.
damn that felt like gas not fluid
RT @LOLGOP I get it. Republicans support universal background checks for wedding catering but not for guns.
Of course the next horrible thing will be that the #WalterScott shooter will get the support #MikeBrown's shooter got.
Listening to contemporary music radio about three weeks now. Lotta this stuff has a strong unacknowledged influence from disco.
Watching Rand Paul's announcement on @TheDailyShow. Has he got sunglasses tanlines?
RT @richardhine If there was another country in the world where cops killed people at rate they do in America, State Dept. would advise you not to go there
I choose to believe I still average a cartoon a day and days like the last two fuel that belief.
Threw out the deep freezer contents I was never gonna eat and turned it off, and this month's power bill is about halved.
"Missy isn't the Master regenerated, she's the Rani regenerated." That's preposterous. You know what's… http://tmblr.co/ZO40Ou1fmiagt
"what's extreme is people like you not realizing that sometimes diversity can go too far." It isn't possible … http://tmblr.co/ZO40Ou1fnL-VN
I’ve started listening to the top hits station instead of the classic rock station. Every few years it... http://tmblr.co/ZO40Ou1fyDY8P
My capacity to be happy in a manner you don't understand isn't a flaw. Your incapacity to understand is.
My starfield background file, since I last used it two weeks ago, and half or more of the files in that directory have vanished.
There might be a flashdrive at home with those files. But the loss itself is a bigger concern than the content lost. How the hell'd it happen?
Last week's backup of the home laptop to the flashdrive must be where things went wrong, cuz the home laptop's not missing those files.
Now to this week's backup.
As of today the triangle Doctor wears the Night Of The Doctor suit the last .1 of his 8th life insteada the last .5, cuz relative screentime
Imagine your favorite Doctor-companion team. They’re out in public somewhere, on a busy street or in a mall... http://tmblr.co/ZO40Ou1gLSn41
What meme that I missed leads to screaming goats in tv ads?
allofthefeelings: There’s no better Rorschach test than what your favorite X-Files episode is. Seriously.... http://tmblr.co/ZO40Ou1gjX-Jh
Someone at work seems to have come by my cube and noted my wife’s action figures on the desk, and the... http://tmblr.co/ZO40Ou1gxh0Ah
Giving up Doctor Who cartoons for Lent may be taking a toll on productivity - only three 3Faces last week. But next week's Easter.
Hm. When the sound and video card start misbehaving, it just might be a sign that I maybe HAVEN'T RESTARTED WINDOWS IN WEEKS
"…grown-ups have a hard time believing that ethics in video game journalism is worth sending death threats to a feminist on Twitter..." http://tmblr.co/ZO40Ou1Zme4xY
Borrowed a coupla Doctor Who soundtrack music CDs from the library this weekend and ripped them to the... http://tmblr.co/ZO40Ou1ZphzAS
stayed up too late watching Deep Breath cuz I thought Vikings was the wrong thing to go to sleep on
- Sun, 14:26: Living room stereo has no tuning but a scanner, and no antenna. Must scan back & forth across my favorites till one catches.
- Sun, 18:39: neil-gaiman: pandorica-jar: neil-gaiman: Moffat: Gender is Fluid on Gallifrey | Doctor Who TV vbartilucci:... http://t.co/YZnPyYQlzW
- Sun, 20:00: Photoset: marylinj: yesysabella: "It just shows you how important it is to represent everyone in our... http://t.co/DjnX43H9Z9
- Sun, 20:44: Photoset: athelind: im-a-high-functioning-psychopath: allons-ygeronimofuckitybye: captaindumbledore:... http://t.co/bzolPSrMmp
- Sun, 22:57: That first speaker in the Dodge Big Finish ad, with that Rollins guy from the car tv show, sounds just like Gordon Jump.
- Mon, 04:30: Spent the weekend with the kids going through their mom's stuff. Now it's fourin the morning and I can't sleep.
- Mon, 12:00: "To me, the core of that attraction is that she is a better reporter than he is. Think about being..." http://t.co/sI4dOJp4o7
- Sat, 18:06: Still learning which verb tenses don't take first person plural any more.
- Sat, 22:02: RT @jvdgoot: @jaythenerdkid also a Twitter thing... Not everyone likes it, but putting your pronouns in there so it is more "normalized"
- Sat, 23:45: Moonlight Serenade makes me think of Rose Tyler and Jack Harkness. Even the Deodato version.
- Sun, 16:01: I wonder whether the punchline needs updating. #btvs #buffythevampireslayer http://t.co/jhxlCGXzeo
- Sun, 21:47: This afternoon’s project was opening most of the past month’s mail, including two items I’d been expecting... http://t.co/ZIEZMCq0Za
- Sun, 21:54: bill evans trio MASH theme which i first heard this decade evokes more sentimental nostalgia for show than ahmad jamal's i've had since 1973
- Mon, 08:01: he needs those parts for his space ship http://t.co/smpOJ5OJz4
- Mon, 16:00: No new Three Faces last night so I added an old one to the new archive. http://t.co/OTAeN8xkcG
- Mon, 16:06: Have figured out how to rescue Clark from Man Of Steel. Hope to draw it tonight.
- Mon, 19:59: Photoset: philsandifer: kuroba101: queerpaccino: caliphorniaqueen: chickenfriedaspirations:... http://t.co/QLeufKknNd
- Mon, 21:11: Hero of Three Faces sketch: if I can rescue James T. Kirk, I can rescue Superman. http://t.co/mA5dwnD5x4 #superman #manofsteel
- Tue, 07:20: she blames herself because she had him on the phone #doctorwho
- Tue, 08:00: "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies," from Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite, played using only water glasses. http://t.co/qhSeHSNBwy
- Wed, 12:34: Marathoning Rose Tyler's Doctor Who seasons on my anniversary weekend - best idea or worst idea?
- Wed, 12:38: @jaythenerdkid But that's the point. My wife was a shipper.
- Wed, 12:42: @jaythenerdkid We ship the OTPs we deserve, or something.
- Wed, 16:01: don’t ask don’t tell http://t.co/mhBw6LI8Tf
- Wed, 16:36: Rhapsody In Blue with Chico Marx on piano
- Wed, 19:22: Seem to have saved the line art sketch I drew on break at work onto the computer instead of onto the flashdrive. #dammit
- Wed, 22:10: Hero of Three Faces update: love them gags that're written & updated the same day. http://t.co/4hfAP1CGSV #sleepyhollow
- Thu, 06:33: Photoset: socialjusticekoolaid: Happening Now (10.8.14): Oh dear God, not again. Another life lost in St... http://t.co/rX1cJqdOxB
- Thu, 08:00: Cycbermen and Daleks - to the tune of HEFFALUMPS AND WOOZLES Cybermen and Daleks Your day off Will bollix... http://t.co/PFsByS1Vho
- Thu, 09:52: Sometimes I'm leery of using NyQuil as a sleep aid cuz it makes me drowsy the next day but today I'm more alert than I've been all week.
- Thu, 09:52: Relatively speaking. So far.
- Fri, 16:00: I wonder whether this one works as well as a slideshow as it does as a comic strip. http://t.co/a5TDZuMbJ2
- Fri, 18:31: RT @TheCosby: I'm trying to understand how not talking about racism will end racism...will racist people forget to be racist on their racist days
- Fri, 18:35: goldenheartedrose: It really sucks when someone you think you can trust posts an article entitled “Domestic... http://t.co/cxTdYWeSbX
- Fri, 18:53: No, not over it yet. Just the music cue and I'm getting misty for George Kirk again.
- Fri, 20:37: jasontoddwashere: dickgrayzon: How to spot a fake geek guy: says robin is useless says aquaman is useless... http://t.co/KiSNcXh1Gf
- Fri, 21:15: Photoset: poldberg: While there is a lot of appropriate rage about Ferguson right now, the killing of John... http://t.co/pkyaVV64L1
- Fri, 22:25: Figuring out how to save and play a playlist in WMP. Living the high life on Friday night.
- Fri, 23:04: "The problem is that white people see racism as conscious hate, when racism is bigger than that. Racism..." http://t.co/OJYEnREb1b
- Sat, 10:08: Might be easier to get up and start my Saturday chores if I wait till there isn't a sad song on the music player.
- Sat, 11:06: ununnilium: oshkeet: One thing I wish people would get less in a huff about is when they say ‘alternative... http://t.co/7glRpFYn3Y
- Sat, 11:21: I'd bet that if you could ask John Nathan-Turner, or did ask Colin Baker, that that'd turn out to have been a delib… http://t.co/nGMXn3WuES
- Mon, 22:58: Planned to tonight draw 3Faces ahead for this fall, but didn't feel up to it, so drew Creative Process ahead for this week.
- Mon, 22:59: If the trouble I had drawing my own chin is any indication, it's good I didn't attempt anything more ambitious.
- Mon, 23:05: Autism Analogy (For Those Who Understand Computers) - myautisticpov: While I appreciate that this will... http://t.co/5dE5EA6SaY
- Mon, 23:08: "Take boots, for example. [Vimes] earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good..." http://t.co/phak56dQp7
- Mon, 23:15: WMP shuffle has tossed up both versions I have of Fly Me To The Moon tonight.
- Mon, 23:57: Geez, where you gotta look for a reference picture of Catwoman's silver/bronze age costume, the purple and green one?
- Tue, 00:06: #affirmation #catwoman http://t.co/4jLcTfS937
- Tue, 07:13: In the interests of dissuading my hindbrain that it's becom(ing) a chore, I'm going to stop reading my webcomics list at least a few days.
- Tue, 11:03: I dunno what but something in this client's job keeps giving me the same earworm that I don't know well and don't particularly like.
- Sat, 20:36: Visiting @horseyparalegal in the hospital. Baseball on tv cuz those guys, kinda hot.
- Sun, 08:00: RT @DrJaneChi: It's incredibly messed up that we are mocked & dismissed for saying we should be able to speak publicly w/o harassment. @thetrudz
- Sun, 08:01: "'cool clean friendly non-aggressive man who will cook a food for u' yep what an unfair standard to be subj…" http://t.co/lYKHI7SZvH
- Sun, 08:11: Photo: dduane: adventuresinlearning: hello-missmayhem: cptprocrastination: doomhamster: belcanta:... http://t.co/riEQv8dzg4
- Sun, 08:27: On Telling the Truth - medievalpoc: I’m drawing a personal boundary on certain conversations, beca… http://t.co/HYuFrWgUx5
- Sun, 08:45: Well, weird. Shuffle went straight from the Search For Spock main title to the Search For Spock end title.
- Sun, 08:47: They're not even grouped in an album, they're two tracks of a hundred I recorded off YouTube. #alreadyownthevinylRIAA
- Sun, 08:51: "When we took Shakespeare’s “Measure for Measure” into a maximum security woman’s prison on the West..." http://t.co/cwJXmGklrZ
- Sun, 11:39: My church just baptized a transgender girl, about eight. #fumcomaha
- Thu, 19:25: Why can't the Irish write a march in two-four like anyone else, huh? Why's it gotta be six-eight? #bellchoir
- Fri, 08:00: Sexism 101: When you tell women, "#NotAllMen are like that," you're changing the subject to you. That makes you one who's like that.
- Fri, 08:00: Sexism 101: If unfairness is your issue, listen to women's stories of rape and murder instead of telling them "#NotAllMen".
- Fri, 08:00: Sexism 101: Will telling victims of rape & sexism "#NotAllMen" stop you getting lumped in with those men? Fighting the sexism & rape will.
- Thu, 00:28: I didn't notice - did Joss script SHIELD himself this week? Cuz that curtain line was the same as for the first part of the Firefly pilot.
- Thu, 10:10: Don't you realize, @Bungie, what banning @jaythenerdkid for calling out racism makes you? Or don't you care?
- Thu, 11:20: Sometimes the Search For Spock main title comes up in shuffle and I turn off shuffle for awhile.
- Sun, 12:50: RT @superyates: The entire National Endowment of the Arts annual appropriation for 2013 would be spent in 34.5 minutes of Super Bowl ads.
- Sun, 12:55: RT @KateElliottSFF: I'm just going to say it: The idea that "the good stuff will be recognized so you don't have to talk about yourself" is pernicious. & wrong.
- Sun, 14:24: When you look into the groundhog, the groundhog looks into you.
- Sun, 16:01: #batman http://t.co/irTyM4I41n
- Mon, 08:01: Gold’s All The Strange Strange Creatures may unseat Deodato’s Also Sprach Zarathustra as my favorite piece... http://t.co/ZECuphDLGW
- Tue, 13:31: When anyone, even the author, says, "This is canon," even if it's unvoiced and unintended there's the qualification, "in what *I* write."
- Tue, 19:27: Put away the dishes I washed two weeks ago tonight. Washed most of the dishes I didn't wash two weeks ago.
- Tue, 19:28: RT @TheDailyShow: #TDSBreakingNews Toronto's mayor won't step down. Could quit being mayor any time, but CHOOSES not to.
- Tue, 23:12: #AKOTAS update: the news is there's no news. http://t.co/P3tIJvULFZ #webcomics #kingarthur
- Wed, 07:46: RT @LOLGOP: All of the GOP statewide officials from the first state to sue to stop Obamacare have been replaced with Democrats. So don't stop repealing.
- Wed, 09:11: Seriously? "Wonder Woman's backstory is too involved for the moviegoing public" who loved The DaVinci Code?
- Wed, 10:05: This week's earworm: Gold, Voyage of the Damned Suite